Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Like a ukelele

I have been mucking around the net the past couple of weeks, scouting for good music to help me through my tests and essays (which sadly, are still victims of my procrastination), and I managed to dig up some great finds. Which I willingly share and publicise on this little webbie of mine. +>
First up, Jack Johnson. I heard him in a cafe as I was munching down a choc coated cookie. He's Hawaiian, was a prominent black football player and now, in my opinion, an excellent vocalist. He's good chillout music - quite languid, very soothing and gentle on the ears. Great backup band. So extremely catchy.
Recommend: Losing Hope; Sitting, Waiting, Wishing; Taylor; Good People.
Next The Cat Empire! Melburnian (please don't mistake this as a blatant show of patriotism. it just feels good being able to namedrop individuals related to my makeshift homeland) and a quirky blend of funk, hiphop, jazz and a dibdab of ska. I do not think labelling the music does much justice but if we do not do it no one will understand where we're coming from right? Well this band delivers solid, un-mainstream material. Fun and fun somehow always reminds me of Basement Jaxx and that silly Romeo video.
Recommend: Hello Hello; Sly; Manifesto.
Finally Morcheeba. Alright they are nothing new and I am not too enthusiastic over them. But I want audio ambrosia right so they will do well for now. Portishead is too depressing and eclectic for me now.
Recommend: The Sea; The Great London Traffic Warden Massacre; Women Lose Weight.
Alright now that I have nothing more to talk about I'll return to my China readings and begin some tedious notetaking.

lux at 9:29 pm

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment