Monday, March 28, 2005

Honey - nature's remedy for life's bitter moments

Sheesh that title sounds so cliched I dislike it. But my titles are always measurably random anyway, whatever pops into my mind materialises into some odd phrase before the entry starts. I dont know if the title determines what I write about or if it happens the other round because occasionally the title has no relation to the content.
Oh well for all the aimless digressions above I'm going to talk about honey. I lurve honey. It is that thick, viscuous, sensuous liquid fit for the gods, or so they say. It is a blessing that lesser beings like us can savour it too. So the Greeks crush nuts and spices, have them generously drink in copious amounts of honey, slather the mixture onto sheets of pastry and have the delicacy soak in a bath of more honey.
They call it baklava.
They must have courtyards upon courtyards of bees busy at the flowers for there was so much honey in my pastry that its cloying sweetness stung the sides of my tongue.

lux at 12:27 am

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment