Sunday, July 04, 2004

In Vitro

My previous blog is not defunct, it is just living out the rest of a humbled, doddering existence. A week from now I'll be starting entirely from scratch, save for old clothes, a two-month old 'lifeline' notebook, a passport and some documents which will determine how old/qualified/unqualified I am. Oh and shoes too. A character from Hana Yori Dango said something like - Always wear the best shoes, and they'll take you to the best places. So taking the road many before me have taken, will it necessarily be the best for me?
I decided that I'd be more honest here even if I will still twiddle me thumbs and stuff those hands into my pockets. Will my friends come to know of this self-experiment of mine? Most probably. Blogs are self-indulgent methods of establishing one's public identity. To those who know me and bother to read my yarn, comment online and not to me directly. I'm not distinguishing myself from the online me, the latter being ,afterall, a manifestation of the real me. I see this blog as an extension of my contained life, one which uncoils itself on a momentum and seeks no interference.

'Every time you make an important choice, the part of you left behind continues the other life you could have had.'
Jeanette Winterson, Oranges Are Not The Only Fruit

Perhaps this diary of mine becomes the link between the one I was remembered to be then, and the one I am now.

lux at 12:51 pm

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment